I love to complain :) So here I go.
BYUI - although the tuition is great and what not, yada yada yada, they didn't let us have Cody's scholarship this semester because he was only taking 7 credits (Which is all he needs other than his internship) and that he would have to take another 5 bull crap credits in order to get the scholarship. Luckily, Cody's Mom helped us out. We are so grateful!!! So at that point when we found out for sure there was nothing we could do about getting the scholarship we applied for Loans. We have been waiting since mid-September to find out how long it would take, yada yada. Today we found out it was going to take a few more weeks. :( We only have a few more weeks of my job, and only like one week after I get back we have got to find housing, have a deposit, the months rent, and all that crap. I REALLY am praying that things will work out.
Last month I was bad :( We were really short on money, as I just said school loans weren't going through, so I didn't pay tithing. Nope, i'm not one of those awesome people that will do what it takes obviously. So. I made up for it and paid for last month and this month tithing as soon as I got paid. Well, It's no ones fault but mine that we still have no money, literally now. :( I don't want to do that again, because it was stupid and still we found ourselves in the same spot as we would have last month.
I was talking with Cody this morning and we were saying, what if we were this poor our entire lives? I can totally see how so many people just want to give up, live off the government, or just go crazy! Fortunately, Cody is extremely smart he'll be able to get a job, even if he hates it, to support us. So that will never happen :)
On a positive note, food storage has been pretty good! I still suck at making beans from scratch, but I can make a good Chili from canned beans. I found this recipe on the biggest loser called "docs chili" its yummy. We had it yesterday and today. Delicious! I suggest you try it :
Here is how we did it (this is not the exact recipe from the biggest loser, but it was still yummy)
1 can of pinto beans drained
1 can of kidney beans drained
1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 lb or less of ground beef or turkey (we used beef)
1 tbs of dried oregano
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of ground cumin
1 tsp or a little more of mustard
1 onion
In a big soup pan You chop up your onion and cook till it is translucent. Add your meat, break it up, and cook. Add your chicken broth. Add your beans. Add the spices. Simmer about 20 minutes and then eat! We put some dried cilantro on top, it was good too. You can put olives at the end as well.
I am grateful for beans and that Cody doesn't mind chili :) I love kidney beans too. There is something about their texture that I like.
So that was a pretty cheap, low calorie, yummy flavored chili :) I usually put like tomato sauce and stuff but I liked how simple and light this tasted.
We also got this thing of biscuit mix. We like to eat it with grandmas jelly. Yum-o.
My weakness is Wendy's chicken nuggets right now :( I should not get them. but I have. And that is bad bad bad.
The year before last our sister Sha made us a date night kit with a movie and some kettle corn popcorn. She sparked our liking for that popcorn. It is SO good! It was on sale at albertsons a while ago and I bought a whole bunch. We really like to eat that for desert.
So here are things I need to pray for:
That my land lord will keep her word about December rent. She sounded doubtful :(
That loans will come through in time for us to move.
That we wont have some kind of freak problem with the car.
That Cody's security clearance will go through quickly.
That I can not go crazy from thinking to much about things I cannot control! GRR!
That I can keep up my little goals.
Something that I am really struggling with but trying hard to do is not beg Heavenly Father to give me answers now. I REALLY want to. But I have been trying to "gratitude" prayers only as much as possible, unless I feel like I am gonna blow up.
I am very humbled.
GOOD NEWS though! SO! Since work has been a lot slower I have had a LOT more time to clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D My house isn't nearly as dirty as often as it usually is when work is really busy and I don't get home to late! I think that is one nice thing. I don't hate my apartment right now and it is because I am keeping up on keeping it clean! I don't have work today so I am cleaning! YAY! That is one less thing to stress about :) :) :) :) :) yay.
And I get to carve pumpkins with the neighbors this weekend. :) We went to a pumpkin patch and got excellent deals. :) :) :)
Ok- well thats enough from me for today. As most people can see if they check blogs, I'm at a venting point, typing in a blog is so much easier that journaling HAHA
1 comment:
We will keep you guys in our prayers! It will work out! Sometimes we have no clue how, but it will. Love you guys!
Post a Comment