Both common for all us. We determine how much we will have. We can't choose for someone else, no matter how much we love them, how much they will induldge in. It's sad to know that this gets the best of many people.
The unfortunate part is people won't recongnize it until its too late. Here and now matters only. Not the future. Or how it hurts themselves, or especially, the people that love them.
"I am happy now doing this. I will make it work for me now because I 'feel good'. I 'feel good' because this is what I have been wanting. I am thinking about ME now."
What good does this kind of thinking do for someone? Justifying what for whom? Are they ever thinking about the future? No. Never. The future and the past are too painful. Now is what feels good.
This kind of pattern is exactly what Satan expects us to fall in...and he wants us to fall. This is the pattern that ends marriage, trust, friendship, and families.
Jesus Christ never once thought of himself. His example is what we need to strive for. I feel so sad for all of us that get lost in the "ME" world.
I feel even more sad for those who watch someone else get lost in the "me" world.
We NEED to learn how to be unselfish, we NEED to learn how to communicate, and we NEED to learn how to figure out what the real problem is and WORK IT OUT. Not letting pride take over to cover up what we don't want to deal with.
I know if we follow Christ's example, to love one another, to think of others more than ourselves we will be happy and sucessful.
No comments:
Post a Comment