Well. I keep forgetting my camera for fun events. Sorry. I guess that happens when your only access to internet is at a temporary job. :)
We have had a very enjoyable christmas break! :) Cody finished this semester and got a 4.0!!! I am so proud of him. He is enjoying his time off. He's been really helpful around the house, cleaning and such. Its great to see him doing stuff and not worrying about homework.
We were planning on going to both Washington and Boise Christmas week, but we didn't end up getting to WA due to the weather and time. Dispatch needed someone to cover Christmas eve and christmas day due to a quick change of schedule, so they asked me to. Thats fine by me because its double pay and real easy! :) So we ended up leaving on the only good travel days of that week. Friday the roads were great to Boise, then saturday sunday and monday it was cold and snowy, then we left Tuesday, and the roads were great except in Pocatello, but all went well. We spent time with Cody's fam which was really fun. I met their new cat, "Precious". She was quite the fun cat :) We watched movies, ate cheese balls, had turkey, and coke of course. We had a hot tub party which was really fun. Cody and his sisters are crazy - they played rock paper scissors to see who would have to do snow angels in the snow - in their bathing suits. I'm glad noone got sick. I did not want to get out of the hot tub because even though it was lower than it was supposed to be temperature wise, it obviously was warmer than outside. If you know me, you know I hate being cold. For christmas this year I got awesome facial lotions and cleansers, snow boots (I needed those really bad), a Muppet Christmas Carol, ALL of the Harry Potter movies!, a christmas story, Beef sticks & cheese, gift cards, Chocolate, a wedding picture which my hair is photo shopped so I don't look bald!, and a wedding video (I think we accidentally left that there ...we need to get it back...its beautiful!) :) Anyway - so I was spoiled :) Cody got a new paintball gun, movies (iron man, the dark night..), PJ's, candy, and a bunch of random school/office supplies. :) Lots of fun!
Christmas eve I worked 6-6, christmas day 6-6, then the next night 6-6, and now 24 hours later i'm working another 6-6. So, these hours are a blessing :) really they are. PSR is going ok. I once again got my hopes up to get to full time hours......that I fear will never be a reality. I am sure i'd be better off looking for morning/day job to make up for my lack of full time hours. Cody hasn't found a job yet. Job searching is slow and kind of a let down most of the time up here in Rexburg. Oh well. such is life.
I have a sad cat story. So there is this Cat - I think i've mentioned it before- anyway our whole appartment complex has adopted it. It has several names, curly sue, stupid cat, that dang cat, ect...but ours is Cali Cat. Anyway so we really like having Cali cat around, we feed her and give her water and we gave her a coller and she has a special blanket that she has to lay on. Anyway - so its a joke with Cody and some of the guys from our ward that I take care of a nasty diseased stray cat - (she's sort of smelly somtimes but that other stuff is not true :P ) anyway so its pretty known I dont care that its stray. Well the other day I was working on campus and Cody called up and he was so sad over the phone. Keep in mind this was the day after we came back from a 4 day tHe said that some girl came knocking on our door and said that there was as cat that was under her car and she thought it was dying. Well - Cody thought it was Cali cat so he went with her to her car and found it lying on the ground crying. It wasn't Cali though. it was some other cat. Apperently the elderly people that live upstairs from us know we take care of that cat (which they hate). The elderly people are the Presidents of the club which the entire complex is operated under, so the girl asked them first thing...and they told the girl that we take care of the cats around there. So back to Cody by the car with the cat. Cody's first reactionw as - well we don't "own" Cali cat...and that cat certainly isn't ours - but even as he said that she picked up the cat and handed it to Cody. Cody brought it inside our house, which is a million times warmer - even if its freezing - than it is outside. On the phone he said the cat was really skinny and crying and in pain and he wasn't sure what to do. Well - since it was Christmas eve, noone was on call for animal control, Cody didn't want to drive out in the middle of noowhere to put it out of its missery because the roads were so bad he would get stuck - no doubt. I was going to get off work in 30 minutes so I told him to see if he could get it to drink any water until I got home. Well - Cody came to pick me up and he was sooo sad.....I tried to cheer him up and told him all the stuff I read in the twilight book which we've been kind of reading together on the trip. We walked into our home....and the cat was on the cat bed..........and i walked over to it and it didnt respond. The cat passed away from the ten minutes time it took for Cody to pick me up and take me home. Cody was SO so sad. So....i had him go in a different room...while I delt with the poor thing....and disinfected the couch and bed of the cat. After that we were so worried that Cali Cat was stuck somewhere in the feet of snow. Luckily though for us - just the next day or the day after she came up to our door just as healthy as ever!!!!! :) That other cat must have gotten very sick or something, because Cali was her fat happy self.
Well - if anyone read this - hopefully your mind has been blissfully numb for the past 5 minutes or so :)
No comments:
Post a Comment