Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Study on Relationships Semi-conclusion/Hedgehogs/Friends

This blog post is a result of not being able to sleep. Beware! HAHA

Ok so a few weeks ago I asked for you to share your dating experience with your husbands. I had a theory developing in my mind that went something like this: In todays society men don't ask women on dates as much as expected. And my theory has been proven wrong. Most everyone stated that the relationship was initiated by their spouse or soon after meeting for the first time their husbands asked them out after. I just wonder - if that is the case than why are so many of my friends having such a hard time finding nice and good guys?? What do you think?


And - hedgehogs. Many of you know via facebook that I have a new friend in my home. His name is Hoggle. He is my hedgehog.



I got Hoggle right before Valentines day :) Some of you might not know that I plan on making a hobby of him. There is a pretty good demand for baby hedgehogs, so I plan on breeding him. I am going to be getting my female hedgehog here in May. Cody has already named her pearl :) Now, I know it sounds really weird to breed hedgehogs.....but....i'm going to break even or even make money on the deal :) Ok well I probably wont make money because there is now way I am going to charge as much as other people are for their baby hedgehogs ($250 + )

Anyway - the main reason why i'm writing about my hedghogs is because I've recently found this website called "hedgehog central". I like to go on it to read about other peoples experiences with behavior, health, food, breeding, and what not. Most of this information is uploaded on the discussion forum. Just recently, after not having any more questions for the time being, i've just been reading the new posts. The unfortunate and annoying thing I have noticed is there are soooo many drama queens on this web page! Everything is in crisis always. It makes me laugh because people fall for it. I'm thinking the drama makers are teenagers....so that kind of figures. Oh well. It just made me laugh.

In other hobbies! I am getting ready to start gardening :) I've planted the seeds that needed some time to prepare before going outside. I have a variety of different flowers that will look great on my table and last. I am excited go dig in the dirt!!!

And in final news... I have made a new friend! Well a couple of new friends! The really nice thing about being in a regular (non student) ward has been there are fewer of us younger people and it isn't quite so overwhelming to get to know everyone. Our ward itself is pretty small and going to relief society is nice because you recognize many many more people...because there are few. It has been nice not having a job just to have a friend again. While I was working PSR I was so stressed and frustrated and had such a really retarded schedule that I had a hard time making/hanging out with friends. When we moved here and first went to the ward I was scared I wouldn't get to know anyone because it is an established ward. I've gotten to know Kelly pretty well, but she is moving soon :( like...in a week or two. And Jeanette. I've hung out with Jeanette more than I have hung out with anyone for a very long time. The last time I hung out with someone so much was Mary! And she moved to Boise!!! (tisk tisk!!!!!! :) ) Anyway, I am really really grateful to be able to hang out with people my age that I could be myself with for a long time. When I was working I felt like the only people I knew and associated with were my clients. You can't have a friendship there, it is unprofessional and it is very one sided. You serve your client and help them. I forgot how to talk and feel comfortable around people and not try to PSR them to death! I've just felt really really happy about it! :) It is so nice to have a friend. And it's nice not having that stress and drama on my shoulders from that job. I do feel guilty about not having a job yet....but I think I really needed this. :)

1 comment:

Kami said...

It was fun to read about what's been going on with you lately! You guys were so much fun to play games with, I'm sure you'll just get more and more friends. Your enthusiasm is contagious, and people are just drawn to you. I'm glad you are meeting new people and things are going well for you!

Dress!

Dress!
Buttons down the back