Thursday, November 18, 2010
The stranger that made me cry
Today as I was driving home from the last day of this job EVER I saw an small accident with 2 cars. These cars were facing me across the intersection. The person who ran into the back of the van was someone who I immediately judged. She wore a puffy black jacket, she was older, fluffy hair, and smoking on a cigarette as she got out. I thought of her as one of the hardest of clients I might work with. As the light turned green and I drove closer, I saw the lady who was run into. She seemed pretty "normal". As I drove past and saw the lady smoking a cigarette and shaking, and watched the "normal" lady walk by and talk with her. I kept watching in my rear view mirror. I saw the "normal" lady not come around and yell or be angry or blame, but she put her arm around the offender to comfort her. I never in a million years would have thought to comfort the person who offended me and my vehicle. I thought immediately what an AMAZING woman. Such a wonderful Christ like example. And she made me cry. I am so grateful there are people like her who can be examples to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dress!
Buttons down the back
1 comment:
I couldn't do that either!!!! wow :)
Post a Comment