Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reality Check - crap style

So I've had time to think and clean and think and clean for a little bit today and it's been nice. The only down fall is when I get to do this I become a little to pessimistic about life and people.
There is a fantastic analogy that I've learned since doing social work. Here it is: A person goes outside and sees a huge big fat stinky pile of cow crap..they take a shovel.......flick the crap straight up in the air.......they don't look up......the crap falls on top of them......and they wonder WHO DID THAT?! Clearly - that person is refusing to recognize their role in why they stink and are covered in nice warm poo.
Now, I've definitely showered myself in this mess before ...... blamed others for my stupid choices.... asked "Why me?" ....and so on and so forth...but I'd like to think I've learned a tiny bit from it - and that I've learned a lot of these seemingly common sense things in years previous. What I'm feeling annoyed about is how truly naive people can be about the way the world is and what they're doing to make it rough for themselves? How is it that there are people still being showered in smelly glory and they are getting married, have kids, or just old enough to figure out most common sense problems and resolving them?
FOR example - the "deserving" people. I really am bothered by people who feel like they are entitled for things to go their way when they want it to - RIGHT NOW - and get upset when it doesn't. It's not that often that we have NO idea what is going to happen if we add A and B together. Usually we know what C might be and we prepare for it. But no - the deserving choose to look over reality and then complain about it until they DO get their way (grr) or they give up and expect everyone to feel bad for them. Now i'm not bashing everyone. Everyone at one point feels like they are deserving, but when it is a pervasive issue that just boils my blood.
So - to finish my rant, look up. If you plan on shoveling poop any time soon decide before hand what you're going to do - if you MUST throw the crap straight up in the air PLEASE be prepared to step aside, no you're not in a special bubble. Hopefully your well thought through decision will save you from looking and smelling foolish - and instead of being deserving you'll learn what being responsible is.

No comments:

Dress!

Dress!
Buttons down the back