I'm watching the news special about 9/11 on Fox. I was just thinking about what I remember. I remember my friend Heather picking me up for school, I was in the 9th grade, and telling me that a plane had crashed into the world trade towers. I really didn't know what those were but I did know what terrorists were. That day in school in every class period we watched the news through out the day. We saw the video of the plane hitting the towers, and the pentagon burning, and heard about the other plane crashing in the middle of nowhere because the passengers and pilots didn't allow the terrorists hit their target. We saw video as the buildings were burning that people were jumping out. We heard estimates about how many people died, and listened to reports stating that emergency respondants (police officers, fire fighters, ambulence drivers, EMT's, nurses, military men and women) were all doing their best and risking their own lives, and some loseing their own lives, to save those people. We saw people who were not police officers or fire fighters, who were caught in the same destruction, helping other people who couldn't help themselves. So I guess on that day there were two major extremes in people. There were the totally insane brainwashed killers of terrorists who would kill themselves to gain a reputation for themselves and prove a point, and then regular joe and jane people who were extremely brave and were willing to sacrifice themselves to save others, at no reward for themselves.
But then today also - the officer on just told me - today some people set a temple on fire. its so sad how awful and hateful and greedy some people are. but its also great how willing to help some people are.
No comments:
Post a Comment